Before we go solar, here are a few helpful FAQs for your benefit
Am I eligible for a local solar rebate, grant or loan?
What are the requirements to be met by the solar system products to get the STCs?
In order to avail STCs, the products you purchase must come with the Clean Energy Council (CEC) design and installation guidelines, use panels and inverters strictly approved by the CEC, be installed by a CEC accredited installer and meet the standards as prescribed by AS 4777
What's the difference between monocrystalline and polycrystalline solar panels?
How do I choose a better solar panel?
- Better quality of the product: A solar panel with stronger materials, advanced manufacturing, features, resistance to the environmental factors of Australia and strict testing.
- Better performance parameters: The in-built technological features such as kind of cells, performance during heat, durability and efficiency attributes.
- Better warranties and companies: A performance warranty of more than 2 decades backed with the trust and quality of a premier company
What is panel efficiency and when do I need a panel with higher efficiency?
- Low roof space: Panels that have a higher efficiency make the most of the roof space available. Having a low roof space translates to better feasibility derived from a high efficiency panel.
- Shaded roof areas: This helps in deriving maximum feasibility from the areas on the panel that is not shaded.
How does a better inverter help me?
Inverters perform the core task of converting the raw DC (direct current) energy into the usable AC (alternating current) energy, which can be utilised by your home or commercial space.
Apart from the obvious, it also serves the following purposes:
- Controls the voltage to derive the maximum power out of the solar system.
- Helps in reporting the performance of the system through simple means such as bluetooth or the internet.
Can I add batteries to my solar power system?
Yes, indeed! Solar battery storage systems work independently with respect to solar power systems. As such, batteries can be easily added to a solar power system.
This is known as AC coupling, and it involves the simple addition of a battery and a battery inverter to the solar system.